Pages

Oct 27, 2009

And here I was thinking that high school was confusing...

Who knew uni applications would be so confusing!?

So baisically I'm trying to get into Qantum College to do a Batchelor of Interactive Entertainment majoring in Animation. Only problem is that they require English Studies (high level, analytical stuff) and I did English Comms (communications) which is more of the creative side of english (I had to design movies and compare different TV shows). So, this means that I now have to do a STAT or Special Tertiary Admissions Test to prove that I am competent in english.

And how does this fit in with my plan to get you japan you may ask?

Well, most schools in Japan will ask that you have a uni degree in anything before you can teach english there. Next year I'm gonna do a TESOL course (cant actually remember what thats and anagram for) and get a cert 4 in teaching english and then go to uni for two years doing the overload course to get the degree mentioned before. THEN I will depart over to japan and teach english!

The ultimate plan would to then get a job in animation while I'm there but I don't think I can do that (visa wise) with out having worked in the industry previously....

No comments: